One Book, One Watertown: Be a part of it!
You have stunned us with your overwhelming response to WOOL! We currently have 137 copies circulating, and none of them are ever here. Your enthusiastic response has left us with an embarrassingly empty display – but we love what it represents: a community truly coming together for a shared reading experience!
If you haven’t gotten a copy of WOOL yet, stop by or give us a call and we’ll get you onto the waiting list. Books come back every day, so the list is moving very quickly. Get it now -- we want to be sure you’ve had time to read it before the festivities begin in September!! Mark your calendars: Hugh Howey will be here Sept 20-21st to spend some time with us.
In addition to Hugh Howey’s WOOL, we have quite a number of his other books circulating, too, and you’ve been snatching those up, as well! Here’s a brief guide to some of those titles, in case you’d like to read more:
- Shift Trilogy is the prequel to WOOL. Find out how it all began. This August, Hugh will release Dust, which will complete the saga. (at least as far as he’s concerned; many other authors are writing “fan fiction” that takes place in the world he’s created!)
- The Molly Fyde books are YA Science Fiction – a rollicking space opera, and Hugh’s first published works. The first book in the series is Molly Fyde and the Parsona Rescue.
- If you like dark themes and have a very strong stomach, give I, Zombie a try. It’s a zombie story told from the perspective of the zombies: poor, shuffling souls who remember their lives as humans and are repulsed by their zombie behavior, but are animated by drives they cannot control. It’s heartbreaking and brutal, but beautifully written.
- Half Way Home is another YA Science Fiction title, and an absolute favorite among Howey’s fans. Don’t let the YA designation scare you away – adults love this book, too!
- The Hurricane is a compelling tale of a teen coming to terms with his life as a massive storm flattens his community.
Written by Reference Librarian Jill.