Project Literacy Tutor Training
Project Literacy holds tutor trainings in the fall and spring. The five sessions take place in the evengs, from 6-9 pm. Interested volunteers should email Peggie Hayes at email@example.com or visit our page here to request a volunteer application.
The Spring 2013 training dates are:
- Session 1: Wednesday, March 6 at the WFPL
- Session 2: Thursday, March 14 at the Watertown High School
- Session 3: Wednesday, March 20 at the WFPL
- Session 4: Wednesday, March 27 at the WFPL
- Session 5: Wednesday, April 3 at the WFPL
Tutors may choose to work one-on-one, in small groups, or in Project Literacy's Thursday evening conversation group, "Let's Talk". You select the time and day that you would like to tutor. A one-year commitment is required. Many totors continue tutoring for several years.
Most Project Literacy learners are adult immigrants who are seeking to learn English as a Second or Other Language (ESOL). Others are learners in Adult Basic Education (ABE) who want to improve their literacy skills.