Databases have up-to-date, accurate information about millions of topics. If you're working on a paper for school, or are just interested in finding out cool facts, databases are a great place to start. You are required to enter your library card number for some databases (labeled "home access").
- CultureGrams Kid's Edition - Get a kid's-eye view of daily life in countries around the world.
- Global Road Warriors - Provides research information for topics including global culture, travel, geography and national statistics.
- Global Road Warriors Home Access
- Hoopla - HOOPLA is an online service we're offering for Watertown patrons that allows you to check out an awesome selection of full digital music albums, movies, and audio books for FREE. Use your library card and make an account today!
- Kids InfoBits - Geared towards K-5 students featuring developmentally a graphic interface, a subject-based topic tree search and full-text, age-appropriate, curriculum-related magazine and reference content.
- InfoTrac Junior Edition - Designed for junior high and middle school students. Includes mainly full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books covering current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Novelist Home Access - An electronic readers' advisory resource that assists fiction readers in finding new authors and titles.
- PebbleGo - PebbleGo includes hundreds of animals, audio and video clips, and educational games. PebbleGo features easy to-use searching tools and introduces early learners to database and research concepts. Access hundreds of animal articles, educational games, and learning activities from school or from home.
- Sesame Street EBooks - This is a collection of Sesame Street EBooks for download to your digital device.
- TumbleBook Library - TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of TumbleBooks – animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they'll love. TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing picture books in order to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.