Databases have up-to-date, accurate information about millions of topics. If you’re working on a paper for school, or are just interested in finding out cool facts, databases are a great place to start. You are required to enter your library card number for some databases.
- Brainfuse HelpNow - Provides live tutoring help daily from 2 pm to 11 pm EST as well as virtual study spaces, flashcards, test prep, and more.
- Gale in Context: Elementary - Geared towards K-5 students featuring developmentally a graphic interface, a subject-based topic tree search and full-text, age-appropriate, curriculum-related magazine and reference content.
- Gale in Context: Middle School - Designed for middle school students. Includes articles from magazines, newspapers, and reference books on topics in current events, health, government, sports, and more.
- Global Road Warrior - Provides research information for topics including global culture, travel, geography and national statistics.
- Hoopla - hoopla is an online service we’re offering for Watertown patrons that allows you to check out an awesome selection of full digital music albums, movies, and audio books for free. Use your library card and make an account today!
- Kanopy Kids - Offers carefully selected videos that include award-winning movies and TV series, classic films, and family-friendly documentaries. Look for developmentally appropriate, age-based ratings to help with selection; additional parental controls are also available.
- Novelist - An electronic readers’ advisory resource that assists fiction readers in finding new authors and titles.
- Scholastic Teachables - Scholastic Teachables offers printable activities for many subjects: math, science, reading comprehension, STEM, writing, and beyond! Download printable lesson plans, reading passages, games and puzzles, and skills sheets for children up through Grade 8. Great for homeschoolers, parents, teachers, and care providers.