The Watertown Free Public Library is looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented team member to work in our very busy library.
Library pages are responsible for shelving returned materials, organizing returned items, checking accuracy of shelved items, occasionally assisting in processing library materials, and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Must be able to alphabetize and understand the Dewey Decimal Classification system. The job requires a high level of detail, accuracy, promptness, and reliability. Must be able to lift books, reach high and low shelves, push full book carts, and stand for long periods of time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sorts library materials by type.
2. Places materials in shelf order on rolling book trucks.
3. Returns materials to appropriate shelves or other locations (collections) within the library.
4. Shelf reads and straightens assigned collections on a regular basis to maintain order of collections.
5. Assists in processing library materials.
6. Other duties as assigned by supervisor on duty.
Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
1. Ability to alphabetize.
2. Ability to utilize Dewey Decimal Classification system to place materials in proper order within their collections.
3. Aptitude for detail work.
4. Accuracy, promptness, and reliability.
5. Good communication skills and cooperation with co-workers.
6. Must be flexible as to personal schedule.
7. Ability to understand the basic layout of the library’s collections and floor plan.
8. Ability to ask for clarification about tasks as needed and appropriate.
9. Courteous demeanor with staff and patrons.
10. Refers patrons to appropriate staff person.
This position is for 16 hours a week and will begin the week of January 6, 2020. The hourly wage for pages is $12.75/hour as of January 1, 2020.
Please email cover letter and resume to Caitlin Browne, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.