While the Library is closed during the COVID-19 pandemic, WFPL will offer curbside pickup of library materials. Orders will only be taken via phone. Items put on hold through your online account will not be filled.
- Call 857-203-8009 to place orders. *Note that this is a new phone number, updated 5/29/20*
- Ordering Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
- Pickup Hours: Monday 1 pm - 4 pm | Wednesday 11 am - 2 pm | Friday 9 am - 12 pm
- Only items that are currently available in the Watertown Free Public Library are available for pickup.
- No items can be placed on hold.
- There is a limit to 5 items.
Find the items that you want to pick up in our catalog. If you don’t have internet access at home, library staff can help you when you call. Any item that is marked as AVAILABLE in WATERTOWN can be ordered.
- Call 857-203-8009 Monday through Friday 8 a.m- 4 p.m. to place your order.
Picking Up Items
If you can drive, please do for the safety of our staff and patrons. Please wear your face covering when you come.
Drivers: There are 8 dedicated curbside pickup spaces in the island closest to the building in the rear parking lot, you will see signs on the meters. Pull into one of the spots.
- Text your space number and order number to 857-228-8308 (this number will be on the sign).
- Roll up your car windows, wear your face covering, pop the trunk, and stay in the car.
- Library staff will put your items in your trunk and leave.
- Close your trunk.
Walkers and Bikers: Text us at 857-228-8308 5 minutes prior to arriving. Go to the parking lot entrance. Your items will be waiting for you outside in a paper bag with your order number on it.
The current due date for all library materials is June 30 and items can be kept until then. If you wish to return before then you may do so in the library drop boxes at the library, at Hosmer Elementary, and at the Middle School. No items will be accepted in person by library staff. Based on CDC guidance given to the Institute for Museums and Library Services, any books that get returned will be quarantined for 24 hours and, as an extra precaution, misted with a list N disinfectant for use against SARS-CoV-2 before returning to circulation.