Here’s How it Works:
1. Place Your Holds Online
- Browse our collection and place holds using the Library’s online catalog or the Minuteman Library App.
- You will need your library barcode and account password to place a hold. If you are having trouble logging in to your account, follow these instructions to reset your password.
- If you are unable to place your order online, call the Library’s main number for assistance: 617-972-6431
Please Note: Items that are listed as available in Watertown will be ready first. Many libraries in the Minuteman Library Network (MLN) have not yet resumed full operations. If you request an item from another library you can expect a significant delay.
2. Wait for a Notification from WFPL
- We’ll send you an email or call you when your holds are ready.
3. Schedule Your Pickup Online
You must schedule your pickup in advance if you want to use curbside service. We will not be able to accommodate pickup for people who do not schedule in advance.
- After you receive an email or a phone call from the library, you can schedule your pickup online.
- You will need your library barcode and account password to schedule a pickup. If you are having trouble logging in to your account, follow these instructions to reset your password.
- If you are unable to schedule pickup online, call the Library’s main number for assistance: 617-972-6431
Please note: We can’t offer same-day pickup with this system. If you are interested in same-day pickup, please call the library directly: 617-972-6431
4. Pick Up Your Order
Come to the Library at your scheduled pickup time. If you can drive, please do for the safety of our staff and patrons. Face masks are required on Library grounds.
Drivers: There are 8 dedicated curbside pickup spaces in the island closest to the building in the rear parking lot, you will see signs on the meters. Pull into one of the spots.
- Text your last name and parking space number to 857-203-8009 (this number will be on the sign).
- Roll up your car windows, wear your face covering, pop the trunk, and stay in the car.
- Library staff will put your items in your trunk and leave.
- Close your trunk.
Walkers and Bikers: Text us at 857-203-8009 5 minutes prior to arriving. Go to the parking lot entrance. Your items will be waiting for you outside in a paper bag with your last name on it.
5. Return Your Items
Items can be returned in the exterior drop boxes at the Library, Town Hall, Hosmer Elementary, and at the Middle School. No items will be accepted in person by library staff. All returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before getting checked in.