3D Print Curbside Pickup
3D Printing Services Available
We can 3D print your creations for you. Just send us the files and we’ll notify you when the job is complete.
Free and open to all: There is no cost for 3D printing at Hatch Makerspace. Patrons are limited to one job per week.
Original work only: All file submissions must be your original work. Do not submit unmodified design files downloaded from the internet or other third-party sources. We want to encourage your creativity!
3D Printing Guidelines
- All 3D printing jobs should be of your original design.
- All 3D printing jobs will be printed in PLA.
- You may submit one 3D printing job per week. (A "job" is defined as one .STL file.)
- Hatch will not modify or complete jobs that have incorrect settings.
- There is no cost for 3D printing jobs.
- You will be notified when your file is received.
- You will be notified if your file needs modification or you have reached your weekly maximum.
How to Submit
Email your completed file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your full name in your email.
- Save your job as an .STL file.
- File dimensions cannot exceed 130mm or 5x5x5”
- Please designate a layer height between 0.1-0.3mm. Files emailed without a layer height designation will be printed at 0.2mm.
- Hatch will not print jobs with a print time over 10 hours. We will let you know if your file exceeds the limit.
- Please designate a primary and secondary color choice, we will do our best to accommodate. Files emailed without a color designation will be printed in Hatch’s choice. Available colors: black, white, gray, blue, yellow, red, orange, forest green, natural, bronze, gold, translucent red, translucent blue.
- For small jobs under 2x2x2”, there are many other colors available, please write in a preference and we will try to match.
You will be notified when your item is complete. Curbside Pickup hours are Monday–Friday, 10–6pm. Please call Hatch five minutes before arrival: 781-795-2309. Items will be placed outside the Hatch door in a bag and labeled with your name. Unclaimed items will be brought back inside Hatch until contacted again.