The Watertown Free Public Library is looking for a full-time Children’s Librarian to work in our busy and highly regarded Children’s Room. This is a new position created to expand programs and services to children and their families, in particular children and families whose schedules bring them to the library on evenings and weekends. We hope also to strengthen programs and services to children ages 7-12. Watertown is a diverse, rapidly growing community and we are looking for someone with skills and experience that will help us grow along with it.
This job might be for you if:
- Your librarianship is people-centered and values the whole library experience.
- You have interest and experience developing programs and collections for kids ages 7–12.
- You have interest and knowledge on the current trends of youth-focused technology and applications.
- You have experience and interest developing World Language collections for children.
- Your public service is rooted in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
This role will be filled by a librarian with an MLS or individual with relevant experience in public facing roles working with children and families. Multilingual speakers with proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, French, or Mandarin are preferred. People of immigrant backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
This is a full time (37 hours) union position. Benefits include healthcare, retirement, paid holidays, and generous sick and vacation time. The work schedule includes some nights and a weekend rotation. Starting annual salary is $57,673. Must pass a CORI background check upon hiring. The successful candidate will ideally begin work by September 6.
To apply please email cover letter and resume as one PDF file with subject line “Children’s Librarian” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Watertown is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.