Mission Statement & Policies
Watertown Free Public Library holds a unique place in our community.
Our Library offers:
- a place to meet and connect
- a place to learn and stay informed
- a place celebrate and enjoy diversity
- a place to explore ideas and appreciate their creators
- a place to preserve and promote our community’s history
- a place to find materials and services that enrich, educate, and entertain
It welcomes and serves all people.
The Board of Library Trustees has developed the following policies to ensure fair, effective, and efficient operation of the library. For policies regarding borrowing of materials and museum passes, please see What We Offer.
Questions regarding policies may be directed to the Assistant Director, Caitlin Browne, 617-972-6438.
- Borrowing & Returning
- Child Safety
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Use
- Customer Service Standards
- Food & Drink
- Interlibrary Loan
- Library Conduct
- Local History Collection Development Policy
- Meeting Rooms
- Minuteman Library Network Internet Policy
- Study Room Policy
- Social Media
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteer Permission Form for Minors
- Unattended Adults in Children's and Teen Rooms