Online Account Management
Your Online Library Account
Have you set up your account online?
If not, be sure to do so if you'd like to:
- Renew items online
- Find and request items
- Manage email preferences
- View the status of your requests
- Save catalog searches
- Modify your personal information
Setting Up Your Account
To set up your account, you just need your library card handy!
1. Click here to go to the "My Account" login page
2. If this is your first time logging on, leave the section for "Pin" blank. You'll create one in the next step.
3. Click submit, choose a pin, and you've now got access to your account all day, every day!
4. The next time you want to login to your account, all you have to do is visit the catalog page and click "Login to My Account" in the upper right hand corner.
Placing Holds Online
Library cardholders may place a hold on materials through the Minuteman Library Catalog. Each patron may have up to 20 holds at one time.
When placing items on hold, the length of time it takes to arrive can vary. If you are number one on the holds list and there are copies of the item on the shelf when the hold is placed, the usual time is 3-4 days for the item to be ready for pick up. If many people are waiting for the same item which you request, it may take several weeks to receive the item. Once a hold arrives, we will hold it for 4 days.
A Phone call, email or text message notification is used, whichever the patron has selected for use, once the item is available for pick up.
Watertown library cards expire every 5 years to keep your information current. For more information about updating your library card, go to Get a library card.
The Watertown Free Public Library offers email notifications for the following:
- When requested items are available for pickup.
- Overdue and billing notices.
- A reminder that your items are due in two days.
You can sign up for email notifications at the Circulation Desk.
Paying Library Fines
You can pay your fines through your MLN account. Log in to My Account. Click on the link that says "$xx.xx in unpaid fines and bills". Click on the Pay Online button and follow the instructions to choose which fines you wish to pay, and to provide your personal information and credit card information. If you uncheck any of the fines, click on the Recalculate button to calculate the new total. Once your payment is accepted, you will see a confirmation screen that you can print as your receipt. If you have provided an Email address, you will also receive an Email receipt as well.