Becoming a Maker at Hatch
• First time adult patrons must sign the Hatch Makerspace Release of Claims, Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreement.
• Minor patrons must have a parent, guardian or other person with appropriate legal authority sign the same Agreement.
• Patrons under twelve years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Guidelines for Use
• All makers must check in when they enter Hatch.
• Covered drinks and contained food are permitted in designated areas.
• Tools and equipment are available to patrons on a first come, first served basis.
• Hatch volunteers or staff will assist in explaining operation of tools and equipment as time allows. Be advised that not all volunteers or staff will be knowledgeable about all equipment available at Hatch.
• Patrons must adhere to all posted guidelines for the use of tools, equipment, and space.
• Designated equipment will be operated under the supervision of Hatch volunteers or staff only.
• Patrons must clean their workspaces and return tools in a clean condition to their original location before leaving the premises.
• Patrons may be asked to pay for damages they incur to Hatch/WFPL equipment or property.
• Use of Hatch is generally free. The use of some equipment and materials may be subject to a fee.
Rights and Release from Liability
• Hatch/WFPL does not accept responsibility if a project is destroyed, does not print correctly, or does not function as expected.
• Hatch/WFPL reserves the right to halt, delete, or disallow the creation of items.
• The patron agrees that Hatch/WFPL is not responsible for any manufacturing defects or the quality of workmanship of any tools, materials or equipment supplied by Hatch/WFPL or for the quality or condition of a patron’s project.
• Hatch/WFPL is not responsible for any damage to, or loss or theft of, a patron’s property.
• Hatch/WFPL reserves the right to place age limits for participation in classes depending on the content of the class.
• The patron is responsible for handling tools and equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• Hatch/WFPL will provide patrons with access to safety supplies as appropriate.
• The patrons must wear appropriate footwear and clothing for their chosen activity.
• If a patron sees that any tool or piece of equipment is unsafe or in a state of disrepair, they must immediately stop using it and notify a Hatch volunteer or staff member.
• Patrons must report any accident, incident, or unsafe behavior they observe to a Hatch volunteer or staff member.
Violation of Hatch/WFPL policies may result in suspension or termination of privileges.
Approved by the WFPL Board of Trustees on April 4, 2018