How to Get a Library Card
- American English
- EL Civics for ESL Students - Free printable worksheets, lessons on government, lesson plans, and vocabulary.
- Hopelink Adult Education Tutor Support
- Learners Dictionary
- Lynda.com Courses for English Language Learners - Free online courses. Sign up with your Watertown library card!
- Multi-Lingual Maps of Watertown - Welcome maps show where to find important town resources and buildings in six languages.
- Testing and Education Reference Center (TERC) - TOEFL and U.S. Citizenship Exam study guides and practice tests, free with your Watertown library card
- Using English - Printable lesson plans, worksheets, and teacher handouts.
Listening /Audio/Independent Online Work
Printable Worksheets & Handouts
News for ESL
- Breaking News English
- News in Levels
- News for You Online (password: 463462) - This website offers easy-to-read news stories that can help you learn to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. Seven new stories are posted each Wednesday, along with audio, exercises, vocabulary, a crossword puzzle, a word search, and a poll.
- The Times in Plain English
- Voice of America Special English
- Dave Sconda
- Learn English with Jennifer
- Sounds of English
- How to Pronounce the "R" Sound
- How to Pronounce the "Th" Sound
- How to Pronounce B & V
- English Grammar Online (Grammar)
- ESL Holiday Lessons (Holidays)
- EZ Slang (Idioms/Slang)
- Idiom Connection (Idioms/Slang)
- International Phonetic Alphabet
- Know Your Phrase
- Purdue OWL